Probably everyone loves to shop in different ways. Especially when we talk about leather jackets, might be an exciting experience even for men. There are a lot of colours, styles with many options to shop from. But today I have the idea to give you some tips that you can use to buy your perfect jacket.
Leather Jacket Top Tips to consider
- Leather jackets have a much higher value than any other textile. It lasts longer, the fit is really good in the body, comfortable, soft and provides you protection.
- Traditionally leather jackets were made to wear during motorcycle races, this tradition has stayed with the motorbike community now with many new styles and designs for safety during travelling.
- Real leather is not waterproof, when it gets wet it becomes damaged and uncomfortable to wear.
- Thanks to its thick quality, it protects the user from the cold.
- Make sure that the leather is flexible and at least 1 mm thick.
- Remember that the thickness of the leather is related to the durability of the garment and the degree of protection it can provide. The thinner the leather the difference it will make.
- Leather can get really expensive to purchase this kind of jacket. On the other hand, you can get more cheaper finds in thrift stores or also you can find jackets made of half leather and half textile material.
- It is more complicated to eliminate the smell in a leather jacket than in a textile.
- You won’t be able to put your leather garment in your wash machine, instead, I recommend cleaning in soapy solution with any soft cloth, towel or sponge.
- It's always best to patch damaged leather from the inside in order to make your repairs less conspicuous. Patching is generally the best method for repairing holes, jagged rips, and tears longer than about 2 inches (5.1 cm).
- Patches + Leather jackets have been a relationships since the beginning of time. If you have a leather jacket and are considering adding some much needed vibrancy look not further - Koo Style Patches
We hope this has inspired you to look forward to some leather looks. If you have a favourite jacket, take a photo and tag us on social media. #koostyle
If not, grab your very own vintage leather with us at Koo Style. This is a brand new range with very limited stock - Shop Vintage Jackets here
Available in store + online. We hope to see you all soon after lockdown ends.