1. Levi’s Strauss is the founder of Levi’s Strauss & Co. He was born in Germany in 1829 and moved to San Francisco, Cal (USA) where he started his own business.
2. Levi’s never wore his own jeans because they were designed as work apparel for miners and cowboys from American West.
3. It wasn’t until 1901 that Levi’s made jeans with two back pockets.
4. In 1936 they decided to put the red tab on Levi’s Jeans. All the jeans used the Arcuate design in the back pockets, but competitors started copying that’s why they decided the red tab.
5. In the 50s, other companies became competition in the denim world and for that reason, Levi’s removed the leather patch to keep costs down.
6. Levi’s started selling women jeans in 1936. Before that they had to wear men jeans.
7. The first pair of Levi’s “jean” weren’t called jeans. Instead of this they were called “waist overalls”.
8. Levi’s choose the number 5 to indicate the quality of each garment.
9. Luke Skywalker wore a bleached jeans Levi’s in the first Star Wars movie that were sold $36.100.
10. The “Capital E” of Levi’s brand just played off the brand heritage’s and they didn`t justify it further.
Get your own pair of £15 Levi's jeans: https://www.koostyle.co.uk/products/vintage-denim-jeans-levis
With our personal shopper, choose your favourite jeans before we dispatch. Brands available on www.koostyle.co.uk : Levi's , Lee, Wrangler and more.
Post by Yoshi Yoshi